Manually Unlocking Content
In certain cases, it may be necessary to unlock a Module or Lesson for a learner or group of learners in one of your courses prior to its drip date or a learner misses a drip. Also, if you change the order of the Modules or Lessons, progress tracking for some learners can get out of sync and you may need to manually unlock a step to get them back on track (this is a known bug we're working on!).
You can manually unlock specific content for specific users by accessing the "unlock content" page on any course.
To access this feature:
- Click on the "Courses" menu (book icon) in the sidebar.
- Click the Course for which you would like to unlock content.
- In the top right corner of the page, next to the "Unpublish/Publish" button, you'll see an arrow icon which you can click to access the Course action menu.
- Click the "Manually unlock content" link in that menu:
You can follow the instructions on this screen to unlock content by a specific Package. This allows you to unlock content by Class or Course.
- Select the Package you want to unlock content for and click "Continue".
- The next screen allows you to select a specific Module or Modules to unlock. You can select "All modules in this program" to unlock all Modules included in the Package.
- The last screen allows you to configure the details of the unlocking. You can search for a specific user to unlock for or you can just unlock the Modules for all the users who have access to the Package.
- If you also want to unlock each Lesson under the selected Module, make sure the "Also unlock lessons under each module?" checkbox is checked.
- Finally, click the "Unlock" button to schedule the content unlock for the selected users.