Drip Notifications with Zapier
You can use our Zapier application to send information to other applications when students receive content unlocks via a drip. These can either be a Class drip (where a group of students receive content unlocks on a specific date) or a Auto drip (where a single student receives content unlocks on their own schedule).
To start, you're going to want to create a distribution of your course in each a Class or Auto-Drip package:
Once your package is created, you can configure Zapier to receive trigger events when a drip occurs in your Doki account for that package. This will be in one of two cases:
- In the case of Auto-dripped courses, Zapier receives a trigger each time an individual student receives a content unlock via a drip. In this case, Zapier receives information about the content that was unlocked and which user received it.
- In the case of Classes, Zapier receives a trigger for each date a drip happens in your course, for all students. In this case, Zapier DOES NOT receive information about the students that received the drip.
To set up a Zap using these triggers:
- Make sure you've already successfully set up Zapier to connect to your Doki account by following steps 1 & 2 in the Working with Zapier guide.
- Log into Zapier and click the "Make a Zap" button.
- Select Doki as the Trigger App
- Select one of the Drip triggers and click "Continue":
- To set up the Doki Drip, select the course first. The package options will be populated with the available auto or class drip packages available to that course. Select the package that you want to receive drip notifications for and click "Continue".
- Use Zapier to test the step.
Now you can use the data to send Drip information to another application. For example, we might use Slack as the action to send a message to a channel when content unlocks: